Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Seniors 2013 - Alex and Ryan (plus elena got a new camera!)

Monday was an exciting day.  After I got home from work I spent some time waiting anxiously by the door for the arrival of my new camera!!  Pentax K-5, it's pretty fantastic.  Luckily it came a couple hours before I went to go do my cousins' senior pictures.  They're identical twins and I THINK I can tell them apart in these pictures.  Sorry if I screw up, guys!

The first couple test shots with the K-5 were actually of their dog, Emma, who is I believe an English Setter and ridiculously gorgeous and very sweet.  Of course she was difficult and kept wanting to come over to me instead of stay still but I got a couple good ones.




Then I started photographing the boys.  I started with Ryan and then would switch to Alex while Ryan changed and back again.  Sometimes we shoot do both of them together, or with Emma.  I think they got a kick out of me trying to keep track of who was who.  So these are all of Ryan - nice shirt, cross-country uniform (there are also some fairly amusing ones of him rounding in their backyard), with the pretty puppy, and all suited up.  Their school requires them to get yearbook photos from a specific photographer so we didn't do any with the plain backgrounds I usually use.  My new muslin ones are so much better than the paper I've used the past few years though, it was a great investment and I can't wait to pull it out again!  As for the new camera, well, I think that was a pretty great investment too.






Awww!  Ryan doesn't look thrilled to be having his picture taken.  Boys are like that it seems, but fear not, guys!  It really isn't that bad!  Alex was a little more smiley although I can tell you're faking it in some of these.  Not surprising that their best smiles are in the pictures with Emma - she's a great dog!






 And of course, since Alex and Ryan ARE twins, we had to get a couple shots of them together.  I think in the first one they're conspiring against me.




 And to finish it out, another picture of the beautiful Emma, stopping to smell the flowers!

No comments: